Yeast infections??

So I have horrible itching, and I know that it's probably the beginning of a yeast infection. I've only had 3 my entire life (I'm 28) and those have been in the last 2 years.

My question is-- WHAT is causing them? And why have I not had them until fairly recently? We're TTC #2, and a yeast infection really does put a crimp in our plans, you know?

Is it something I ate? Drank?

I know Monistat will treat them. I'm picking some up after work today. I need to know how to PREVENT them!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Health

• have you changed your laundry detergent or fabric softener? Tight pants or wearing panty hoes too long will do it too. And stress, or being moist down there. oh and antibiotics
    One way to prevent it is to eat yogurt with a high bacterial count, were cotton panties with white crotch, don't use any perfume down there and above all else do not use douche EVER
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 6:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Sugar and yeast itself. Watch your sugar and don't eat yeast breads. Also, you may want to be checked for diabetes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Are you sure its a yeast infection? Is there discharge? is there and odor? Not sure about the prevention except that the Dr told my niece that soap like in a bubble bath can cause them.
    linlue

Answer by linlue at 2:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2009