has anyone ever..

just not felt like your good enough for your husband anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I get that way sometimes. My father was cruel to my mother (and me when I went through puberty and got chunky) about her weight. Unfortunately, I've carried that baggage with me and feel guilty- like of course my DH would want some tight little unmarred-by-child-birth body. I'm not as small as I used to be and, until recently (I've spent most of the last year working on this issue) really wouldn't have blamed him if he'd decided to cheat on me. Assinine, I know.

That said, asside from the body acceptance, I try to remember the value in the many other aspects of our relationship and what I provide for him there. I've made a commitment to always try to be kind, loving, and supportive of him. Just improving myself with that commitment goes a long way. Unfortunately, husband bashing is often considered "normal" these days and not partaking in those moan/vent sessions takes some getting used to.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I feel like that all the time. I have consult him for everything, then he turns it around until it's easier just to do everything his way. I'm so sick and tired of not feeling like my opinion counts. My 11 yr. old son has been sick all week. I stayed home with yesterday and today. My husband is afraid I'll be on the chopping block if cuts are made, (I work in a school system.) At the begining of this year I had 23 sick days accumulated, I've had to use 4 of them to date. Last year I used 3 days the entire year, and only 1 personal day. He just doesn't give me any credit for knowing what I'm doing.
    iluvtea

Answer by iluvtea at 10:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Yeah at times I feel like I'm too redneck for his taste. It sucks. He wants to be a big fancy rich financial analyst and I'd be happy living in an little old farm house with 5 dogs and some goats and horses. We have kind of taken different roads but so far we are working it out. Ok mainly I'm giving in to his every wish right now and hoping we can find some sort of balance one of these days. I just keep expecting him to find some pretty blond thing that will drink wine (the good kind lol), live in a trendy apartment and talk politics with him. Luckily we're in Kansas and those are pretty rare around here. lol
    Rowdyblues

Answer by Rowdyblues at 11:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2009