How was your second pregnancy? or third or fourth...

I am pregnant with my second baby! When i was pregnant with my daughter i had VERY mild morning sickness, nothing that stopped me from doing anything, just an annoyance like...oh my belly hurts. With this one i am SICK! Some days i cant get up. I feel so bad for my daughter! But i get to the point i have to run for the bathroom thinking i am going to acutally get sick! For fun...i have also heard from many people that have a boy and a girl, say that their girl pregnancy was a breeze and if they had morning sickness it was mild, but with their boy it was HELL! LOL so what was your experience?

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 8:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have all 3 girls, each pregnancy was different. I'm still pregnant with 3rd and so far it has been my easiest pregnancy besides raging heartburn. My 1st I had mild nausea and high blood pressure, the 2nd I had horrible nausea but amazing blood pressure lol. No 2 pregnancies are alike. Congrats on the 2nd baby! I've heard ginger really helps with nausea, feel better!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Well, with my first i had a boy. I had very mild morning sickness with him and my pregnancy was a breeze till the end. His H/R was about 145ish. With this one..Im 32 weeks and its another boy. I had horrible morning sickness and this pregnancy had alittle more rougher than the last. Ive had contraction with this one and none with the last..i lost my mucus plug with this one and didnt with the last. His H/R is also in 156 to 160 range which everyone swore he was a girl. Nope not..lol Another boy. Everyone is diffrent though. Gl sweetie
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• well i am only 5-6 weeks pregnant and so far everything is the same as the first, i feel nauseous all day but not bad, just enough to be very annoying :P also having trouble eating because of it though. nothing seems good and i have aversions to most foods i usually like. just like with my first pregnancy. during my first pregnancy i only through up 2x and it was because i had the nausea and a bad cough and they did not mix well. :( but overall i think my symptoms were mild and i had a BOY.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• haha, I don't believe that about girls! I was stuck in bed for three months with extreme vertigo with dd! I wouldn't get sick too often, heartburn was minimal, but I was almost out of my mind with vertigo. The room would spin if I stood up and that made me sicker than anything. really hope I don't get that again! I've got things to do!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:39 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Two girls and both had horrible morning sickness. A good day would be throwing up only twice.
    2nd was much worse but I think it's cause I was 10 lbs heavier (which made a huge difference!) plus I was working until 38 weeks.
    Don't believe the boy/girl thing. It's rarely true.
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 10:11 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My first was a boy with no symptoms. My second was a girl and I was sick like you are. All pregnancies are different, doesn't matter what you're having.

And I think the old wives' tale says that morning sickness is worse with girls. Not that it means anything, obviously, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:56 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• So far into my second (only 7 weeks so can't base much off of it):

My tummy is much bigger.

I'm less sick - I don't know if that's because my pregnancy is different, or if it's because I'm starting this pregnancy knowing what helps that instead of having to spend a month of ill trial and error to figure out what worked for me.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 12:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• this is my 7th and it was pretty bad. i had like all the signs of pregnancy the worst being the break. it does it harder as you get older. argh!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2009