Help With Gluten Free Ideas!

Hey ladies!
I need some help with some gluten free meal ideas that I making for another family. The only thing I can come up with is a roast chicken with veggies and a crustless cheesecake (like in a quiche pan). I need some more ideas. I did a google search and came up with lots of baking ideas and cookie recipes- but I need meals with maybe an easy dessert.

TIA!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• did you look on allrecipes.com ? They usually have awesome ideas even if you don't follow the recipe. I know you said you saw a million ideas for baking and just wanted to add I recently saw that one of the major makers of boxed baking mixes now has a gluten free line out.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• http://glutenfreemommy.com/recipes/
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• corn tortillas
    cheese
    beans
    rice
    tofu
    contact me offlist if you would like recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 10:14 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• If you are making GF meals for someone else, I hope you are also using disposable cookware or dedicated cookware to prevent cross-contamination from any non-gluten-free foods that you may have prepared in your own cookware.

All meats, fruits & vegetables are gluten-free, so any meal prepared with any of those foods will be fine; it is the seasonings you will have to be careful with. To avoid gluten in seasonings, use single-ingredient seasonings (eg...basil, pepper, garlic, etc.) instead of prepared combinations (eg..Mrs. Dash, McCormick Grillmates, etc.).

Alternative grains that can be made into side dishes and that are easily found in many regular grocery stores would be any type of single ingredient rice (no wild rice, as it contains grasses that can have gluten in them) or quinoa (prepare like rice, highly nutritious).

Some ppl who are gluten intolerant cannot have dairy either, so ask the family to be safe.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2009