How much water do u have to drink so u dont get a bladder infection while pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Bladder infections are not caused by drinking too little water. Bladder infections are caused by bacteria traveling into the opening of your urethra (by your vagina), then traveling to your bladder or further up. You need to drink water to help keep fluid levels up to sustain your pregnancy.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• you want to drink water so you don't get constipated (worst you'll ever experience!) but that has nothing to do with UTIs
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• You should drink at least 64 ounces daily, just like when you're not pregnant. If you're anything like me, though, that won't be a problem; I would drink that and then some just at work, not including before I left in the morning and after I got home. But if you're really worried about UTIs, the best thing besides staying hydrated is to drink cranberry juice; if you don't like the taste, cocktails work just as well (cran-grape, cran-apple, etc.), or they have cranberry pills.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:59 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• cranberry pills are not to be used during pregnancy!!!
    Anonymous