My son took me out to dinner and his wife is mad.

My son is an important man who doesnt have alto of time but he tooke me out to dinner last night. My DIL is mad since her mother was at their houyse. What do I do? It isnt my fualt a son wants to spend time with his mother. I think she needs some god in life.

mamamatilda

Asked by mamamatilda at 8:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• That is not a big deal. My hubby went out for lunch with his dad when my father was over. It was my hubby's birthday. No biggie.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Maybe she had plans for them? Or maybe shes just jealous, when was the last time he took her out to dinner?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• He took you out to dinner? To discuss what? Issues with his wife you aren't getting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• That is something that he needs to address, not you...if she is talking nasty to you, let your son know and let him handle it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It sounds to me that something more is going on. You are not telling the whole story, perhaps you don't even know it. Maybe he should have been there for his MIL???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Nothing wrong in spending time with you for a simple dinner.

If her mother was spending time with her than what really is her problem?

I believe DIL has a problem with jealousy issues.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Oh my gosh....I knew it was you the moment I read the title of the post.

Ladies check out some of mamamatilda's other questions........she has some serious issues in regards to her DIL and son.......Can you say "unhealthy?" Or how about "counselling is needed?"

I am so very, very glad for my MIL.....
    Anonymous

• The OP is very jealous of her DIL. I think the OP should get her meds upped. You sound like my MIL. She sends out emails talking about how bad I am and how I get mad when my husband does things with her. It is comical I tell my husband she should have dinner and do things with his mom I don't want to be around her myself since she hates me. She is not around my kids because she has hit my son, gave him food she knew he was allergic and many other things. I would wager you DIL is a great mom and wife and I feel for her, the grandkids and your son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• thats his issue unless she is being ugly to you then maybe you should just tell her that maybe he thought she wanted to spend some quality time with her mother so the two of you spent some time together.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Let them work it out

Answer by admckenzie at 11:18 AM on Oct. 29, 2009