is constant headache after childbirth normal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You know, I never had headaches after delivery until last month when I gave birth to my fourth baby. I had a headache most of the time for about 2 weeks, and when I mentioned it to a friend of mine who had a baby this summer (her 3rd), she said she also had headaches for the first few weeks. I just assumed it was from pushing, but it sure was miserable at times.

Maybe check with your doctor, because I never called with mine and neither did my friend.

Aleve helped me.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• you may need to take more iron, were you anaemic?
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 9:20 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• If u had an epidural it might be from that. U may wanna call your doc.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Did you have an epidural? If so,hen yes it is common, but stil warrants a call to your ob.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• if you were given and epidural i would say that could have something to do with it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• A couple of things come to mind: epidural, dehydration, sleep deprivation.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:42 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It is common, hormones are a big factor. So is the kind of anesthesia you had. If you are worried call your doc. I had a pounding headache for almost a week that the Dr said was from hormones. I also read that the surge of hormones from breastfeeding can cause it. She gave me tylenol on top of the ibuprofin I was already taking for C-section pain.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 12:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• By the way, neither my friend nor I had an epidural or any form of anestheisa, so that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2009