do you dilute orange juice for your toddler?

I always do his apple juice (or granberry or grape etc...) but it seems nasty to do it to orange juice... Like diluting milk? is it gross?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dilute every juice she gets, even orange. Since she is limited to 4 oz a day, it stretches it farther.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• We didn't introduce juice until 3, and then it was just an occasion treat mixed with seltzer.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:40 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I would dilute orange juice... that's pretty acidic for their tummies, and they don't know what it tastes like undiluted...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I diluted all juice. My children don't drink very much juice, though, so I probably didn't have to.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:42 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Orange juice is very acidic and could upset his stomach. I would dilute it, its no different than diluting the other juices. Its not nasty either, its just water you're putting in there! If he has never tasted orange juice straight up, he wont know the difference anyway.

My daughters rarely get juice, usually when my hubby is alone with them (very rare) but he gave them watered down OJ once and they would not drink it, so I guess you'll have to try and see.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 11:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I stopped diluting juice at 2. She only gets orange juice, every once in awhile anyway, I figure it is no big deal.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Orange juice give my son diaper rash. It's too acidic for him to handle.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 4:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2009