Heard on the radio, protect your children...

On the way to work I heard a station having a contest...the question was 'what is Wendy's brothers names?' (from Peter Pan) the winning caller was a girl...her mom called for her then put her on the phone...the radio dj asked her her full name (and she gave it), asked how old she was (and she told him), asked what town she was from (again told him), where she went to school (and she told him)...HELLO, let's not make this easy for a kidnapper to take the child! Why would a mom allow her child to tell all that info on the radio?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I admire how you are putting the responsibility on the mom most would not. I think she wasn't thinking which is crazy I would've ripped the phone away and told the guy to not ask such question on air first name only!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Ok, while I do get your point, and I do agree with you, I would never let my child give out that info. Keep in mind that it is the radio. They can't see her, so they don't know what she looks like. And the school should not let someone pick the child up without knowing who they are, so this kidnapper wouldn't be able to go in and pick her up. I actually am more upset about the fact that my kid's school puts out a PUBLIC directory that includes my child's name, address, phone #, height, weight, birthdate, birthplace, AND includes a picture of them, and says that I can't opt out of it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I agree with you. The mom probably just wasn't thinking. Maybe i'm a little overly cautious, but i would probably not even let my child on the phone on the radio, it's just not necessary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Radio DJs usually ask for this info off the air. I think it was a lapse in judgement on the both the mother's and the dj's part!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2009