Job wise - should we get used to sleeping with one eye open?

In Kansas City area especially (and all around),
American Airlines Overhaul Base To Close
Sprint Loses $478 Million In 3rd Quarter

From my experience, when times get bad, employers can get evil to avoid unemployment insurance issues (like upping requirements to setup for firing).

Should we get used to sleeping with one eye open?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think so. I have always said it will get worse before it gets better. We are NOT in recovery. Most people don't realize we are perilously close to a total financial collapse. The upcoming stock market crash will probably do it. The market is artificially inflated right now. The gains over the past few months are false. The reason why companies are reporting gains is because they have cut back to the bone, not because of increased production/sales.

They estimate the true unemployement rate in my city to be 28.3% and we are nowhere close to the "troubled" areas in the country.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Unemployment just went up dramatically in Alabama. All the "bingo halls" were deemed illegal and shut down 2-3 days ago. They were really slot machines with a pic of a bingo card in the corner.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 11:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think in general it would be wise to continue being cautious and an eye out at all times in this regard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Oct. 29, 2009