If you knew that vaccines given to infants in the USA were manufactured on foreign countries would you still vaccinate your infant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My dh works with several of those companies that make those vaccines in foreign countries. He is a pharma analyst. He travels overseas often doing research. I have no issues at all with the majority of the products or vaccines made overseas or in the US.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:56 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Well I live in a foreign country and don't have them vaccinated but even if I was in the USA they wouldn't be vaccinated :) So in answer to your question wouldn't make a difference to me!
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 10:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Well, I already knew that many vaccines are made in other countries...and I still vaccinate. We got our H1N1 on Monday....and guess what? We are all just fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I already know that most vaccines are made in foreign countries... and yes, I generally choose to vaccinate my kids.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Sure, I got one of my vaccines in foreign country - no problems.

Foreign doesn't always equal bad.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• SOME countries (like Europe) has higher standards for drugs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Why does it matter where they're made?
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Anon 10:10
    just because your fine NOW doesnt mean the h1n1 vaccine wont harm you or your children later in life!! not ALL side effects show right away
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Yes, because the manufacturing plants are inspected by the US regulations and as a previous poster said, some countries have higher standards than the US. In some ways it is better to have them manufactured elsewhere because of cheaper labor which helps keep the cost down.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 11:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I guess I'm wondering if your question implies that countries other than the US are substandard? If the vaccine is proven to work with little side effects/reactions....why does it matter where it was made? All of my boys have gotten vaccines so to answer your question, without adding another question...Yep
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2009