how can a stay at home mom make money

i want a job i can do from home that is legal and legit

tullis_wife

Asked by tullis_wife at 10:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Home business is what me and my husband do, if interested feel free to e-mail me for more information.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 10:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• The market is saturated with work at home schemes and scams. I have a Master's in Accounting so I do books from home. I make 10k a month after taxes doing this. Think of skills or education you have and use that. My cousin could not find a job and offered herself up as a math and english tutor. She charges 15 an hour and does pretty well. She is always fully booked by college and high school students. I would avoid the CEO Moms, Pre Paid Legal, Ameri Plan and others like it. You will work more hours and make very little. My sister has been with AmeriPlan for two years never made more than 400 in a month she spend 40-50 hours a week working. She could make more at a part time out of the home job nights while the kids are sleeping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• There are a lot of scams so you'll have to do your research. Most legit jobs I found took more time then I could spare and didn't pay very well. I went with a home business. I did and still do put money into it, but I get a lot more back! I love being my own boss! you can check out my website and if you have any questions please let me know! http://www.howreb.scent-team.com

Good luck in your search!

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:04 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I own my own website, Sabrina's Closet I created this site because I had been scammed or had simply failed while looking for work from home. I wanted a place where women could find real legit options and not have to feel like they were being pressured in to trying one or another. You can even explore the different pros and cons about home businesses vs. home Jobs. The site has grown in to a great site for earning opportunities but also for saving, shopping and even charities. I have tried to build it up around the idea that moms don't have time to go spend the day at the mall but they want the best deals. So, while I'm still working out the bugs, it's kinda taken on a life of it's own.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:55 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• In addition to Sabrina's Closet I am currently with Ameriplan full time and TeaPoria & GreenSmoke very very part time. AND (as if that weren't enough) I actually just started with a great new program called The POWERBAR...

TeaPoria ~ www.BriesTeas.info
    TeaPoria is a great business if you like doing parties. It's something that's easy to sell, too - FOOD! There is no cost to join or keep your TeaPoria business and there is a very minimal quota. You will however need to invest for products to do parties or shows with!

The PowerBar ~ http://42595.powerbarclub.com/
    The idea here is very simple. We all do things online every day that expose us to ads and advertising. But we aren't getting paid. With The PowerBar the ad companies will pay us whenever we or anyone we refer views an ad. It takes just a few minutes a day and you can earn a great full time income with in just a few months! It's 100% free and there is NO risk!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:58 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Ameriplan ~ www.DailyPayFromHome.com
    Get all the details ~ 616-712-1450
    With Ameriplan there are really 2 sides to the business. The first is promoting our dental and medical benefits plans. Our plans are the leading discount plans in the nation and also the least expensive while offering the highest discount rate and providing the most providers. And we now offer programs to help people save money on non-healthcare needs as well including Legal Assistance, Roadside Assistance, Child ID, daily shopping and more. The second half of the business is helping others that want to earn a full time income from home. We simply educate them on our company and find out if it's a good fit for them. We offer daily & monthly pay, benefits for our business owners, 401K and more!

• GreenSmoke ~ www.GreenSmoke.com/SMBowen
    GreenSmoke is the Leading Smokeless Cigarette company! We offer a number of different flavors and strengths. This business is free to join and keep, they will even give you a $25 bonus just for joining! But this one is something that has a more specialized customer and while parties are possible they are going to be further between. Vendor shows would be best for something like this! Smokeless cigarettes are a healthy alternative to regular tobacco products because while providing the nicotine there is no filler chemicals and no second hand smoke! So it's perfect for those with kids that don't want to kick the habit. They are also up to 75% cheaper than regular cigarettes!

I know it's alot to read - you should try working it all! lol! But at the moment I really have to get back to work! I'll talk to you soon!

I'll talk to you soon!
    Sabrina M Bowen

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:59 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

This is what I do from home. It's a great company to be with. Let me know if I can help with any questions of details. It's easy to do, and it's lots of fun. I've made some really good money with Scentsy.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2009