How many of people got the flu and H1N1 vaccine for their kids.

I don't know what to do. The flu and H1N1 is bad here right now so I want to get them but I think I want to hear from people who have gotten it. The side effects make me nervous but the sickness makes me even more nervous. I am a nurse, so I don't really want to hear the reasons you don't get your children vaccinated. I am just looking for people who HAVE or will get their kids the vaccines.

Annette4797

Asked by Annette4797 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I was sitting on the fence about it for over a week. I did lots of research and decided to get my daughter the vaccination only because if she got the H1N1 flu and ended up in ICU for a long-term hospital stay, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

I told myself these things: Be proactive, not reactive
    Preventive care, not intensive care.

She got the vaccine 4-days ago. No side effects, not even a fever.

BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 6:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I got the vaccine for my daughter.

She has no side effects whatsoever.

She has been fine since getting it.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 10:52 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• The CDC website may have these statistics. Really, why do you care about what strangers do? Do your own research and draw your own conclusions.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Rkoloms, Thank you for your concern but I'm just getting everyones opinion. A stranger will not make my decision and I am doing my research, Thank you very much
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases/H1N1-SWINE-FLU.aspx
    http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases/Influenza.aspx
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• we didn't get the vax ( we don't vax at all ) but we did just get over the H1N! flu. it really wasn't that bad. we had the seasonal flu 3 weeks ago and that was much worse.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Won't touch it.
    It's too new, long term affects are not known.
    The product was rushed.
    The test groups were small.
    The side affects are frightening.
    I am not a guinea pig, nor are my children.
    Anonymous

• I would think about the H1N1 vax for myself, as I am asthmatic, but they made it in flu mist form and I cannot take it. I won't get it for the kiddos- too new.

I tried to get the seasonal vax for myself and the kids but we all had some crud during the clinics time. We might just have to take our chances this year. DD had it once and it was not fun.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I got the regular flu shot for my kids but didnt get the H1N1 vaccination for them and ONLY BECAUSE they have already had the swine flu. Had they not both had it, they would have been vaccinated. I am pregnant and I got both the vaccinations for myself
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2009