Is 15 months to young for a toddler bed?

My DD is only 13 months now but DH and I have been looking into buying one for christmas. She has been climbing out of her crib since she was 10 months, she only does it every now and then but I am afraid she will hurt her self so I want to go ahead and switch her. Is she to young? And how do i keep her from just gettingout of bed and playing all night?

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I switched DS at 14 months, we have a bed time routine and once the lights are out he knows to stay in the bed.. it only took a couple nights of putting him back in bed (3 or 4 times) before he understood--- Now he still gets up in the early morning hours and comes into my bed-- but I dont mind that-- I used to put up a baby gate so he wouldnt and it worked just fine.. but now I dont.
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I left my son in his crib until he was three and my daughter stayed in her crib until she was two. They never tried to climb out so that's why I left them in there. If my child was trying to crawl out I would definitely switch them over to a bed and put a railing up. So, no I don't think 13 months is too young.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Our daughter went to a toddler bed at about 16-18 months. We put her in the bed for her naps to get her used to it. But I stayed close by so when she got out of the bed I could catch her & put her back in. After a few days, she was fine staying there. We did pretty much the same at bedtime. Our daughter never tried to get out of the crib. To keep our son in the crib we lowered it to the lowest setting. He hasn't mastered getting out of it yet. Even though he's 18 months now, we have no intentions of taking him out of the crib yet. He's just to active. Maybe after he turns two. Good luck

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think it's too young. I would get a crib tent. Trying to keep a 15 month old in a toddler bed is going to be a huge head ache. She'll just end up wandering around the house at night instead of sleeping.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2009