What is the scripture that talks about...

same sex intimacy being a sin I thought I've seen it but now I can't find it?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would be willing to bet that teacher was a guy???
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 3:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• do you want the specific verse or all the ones that are used against homosexuality? i'll go w/ the specific one haha

1 Corinthians 6-10 (NIV)
    Leviticus 18:22 (NIV)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:44 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• 1 Corinthians 6-10 (NIV) I just read this and I don't see where it says god is against same sex.
    Leviticus 18:22 (NIV) This one I did see where it said man will not lie with man as he would with woman. Though I don't see any thing referring to woman with woman I find that wierd can any one explain this.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• hot mama- in those days when they used 'men' it alot of time refered to both sexes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• God originally made Man to be with woman... it comes back to the foundations, and Christ Foundation is to be man and Woman. Not man and Man. Read in the beginning with Genesis
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Romans chapter 1 (among other scriptures), particularly verses 24-28.
    MrsLavenderEyes

Answer by MrsLavenderEyes at 12:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

I could see that if it weren't for the verses before this one right before being separate one referring to man and beast and one referring to woman and beast.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• The Romans did similar as the leviticus.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• the first verse she posted Im not sure which one she meant .
    Leviticus 18:22
    ' You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
    Leviticus 20:13
    ' If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
    In the following posts Ill post from Romans...

Starting with this.. Romans 1:24-32 24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• 26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2009