Breastfeeding and my 6 month old?

Everytime my 6 month old wakes up out of his sleep he wants the boob. Im guessing to go back to sleep. I always give it to him thinking he could really want it to be hungry. It doesnt really bother me bc he sleeps with me and it's easy to do but is this a bad idea? I already dont know how to break this? Do and I need to and how do I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not a bad idea at all.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• If you think he's really hungry, then keep feeding him. If you think it's just for comfort, then you don't need to break the habit unless it bothers you. I'd give him time to grow out of it first.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:44 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It's normal for 6 month olds. Since its easy and there is no way to tell if he is hungry the best thing is to nurse him. As he grows and develops he won't do this anymore. It's not a habit he needs to be broken of.

You might enjoy the breasteeding discussion boards at www.mothering.com
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2009