What should I do?

I have a really great guy friend who I know has feelings for me, but I just don't feel the same way for him. We txt and talk on the phone every day. He knows how I feel and still wants us to be friends. There is an event coming up next month where he lives ( a few hours away from me) that we both really want to go to , but I would probably have to end up staying with him for the night. I don't want to put any pressure on the situation, I def. do not want to sleep with him, but I would like to visit him and go to this event. I really can't afford a hotel room and it will be so late coming back. Should I go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I would go & tell him up front no sharing a bed. Sleep on the couch or floor. Don't screw it up good friends are hard to find.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I agree. Its fine to tell a guy ahead of time that you are not interested in a sexual relationship. It takes that pressure off of you. It can even make your relationship more fun.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Try to be really up front about everything. Honestly in these situations no matter how up front and honest I was they eventually ended up pissed off and hurt. Good luck
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 11:11 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I just spent five days on a trip with a guy like that. I didn't sleep with him and told him I wouldn't before we left. Just be honest. That why couches were made!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I would either be honest with him, or if you're afraid that you might be embarassed or something, just tell him you can't afford a hotel room and can you sleep on his couch. Personally, I'd go with the honesty option.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• If he likes you that much and is willing to be friends with you despite your feelings for him, I think he is probably safe. However, he also sounds a little desperate and needs very clear boundaries to be set. Staying the night at his house, no matter what your financial situation, is taking advantage of him and I think it sends a message that you don't want him to receive. Even if you preface the whole event with "I'm only staying here because I can't afford a hotel and I will sleep on your couch" there is still a line that you are crossing by spending the night there. A guy that is into you will seek out every opportunity to be "intimate" even if it means that he will just see you in your pajamas with no bra, etc. I say charge a hotel room.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• it does sounds like you could lead him on, i would avoid it but that is me.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2009