Costume for Halloween. Do you know what this is?

So I'm thinking of dressing up as a Harajuku Girl for Halloween. The mainstream version are those Japanese girls who are an entourage for Gwen Stefani, but the original Harajuku Girls are just Japanese girls who dress really crazy, with bright colors, Hello Kitty dolls, etc. Do people know what it is? Would I just be explaining myself all night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think you would just be exsplaining yourself all night long. and it would problaly get old after a while.
    what else would / can you dress up as that might not be soo bothersome..
    just a thought.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I do, but I think you would be explaining yourself a bit ... or people will just think you look colorful! lol

Here's a link to a great make-up tutorial if you are thinking of doing it: http://www.youtube.com/user/panacea81#p/u/40/m1R_MJDTupY

GL!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• harajuku11.jpg image by myhiphophero

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I would know what it is and think that would be adorable. Even if they didn't know it was Harajuku girl they'd know you were a Japanese character type thing. With anime (sp?) being popular I think a lot of people would get it and that you should do it! My d has some of the G Steffani Harajuku stuff like a purse etc, if you have something like that you could carry it and have it there to refer to as an example if they do ask! Or carry around one of those ad's from the macys ad that shows all the different perfume bottles that are the girls. I think those are so adorable. Anyway, DO IT! Cute idea!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I forgot to say WHO CARES if not everyone gets it. It just shows creativity! Be different!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think I will. It helps that I'm Asian and already look like a Harajuku girl anyway!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• i know what they are & i would get it...but i lived in Japan for 6 years haha

i think its a great idea! very original & i dont think ppl will be asking you all night...especially if youre Asian.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think it's cool I would never get it but it is very unique.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• ANIME IS WAY IN GIRL!!! I think you'll get a half-and-half reaction.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 11:35 AM on Oct. 29, 2009