If you or anyone you know has had the Swine flu how did you get better?

My 8yr old son has some symtoms as of yesterday.He had fever 102 and 101,headache and cough.We are taking him today to the doctor.Was wondering how everyone had battled it?I am not sure heat on or off?right now its 66 in my house.tell me whats the best way to get him better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Health

• My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever (the highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Keep him hydrated with plenty of clear fluids, Tylenol for pain and fever, and plenty of rest about the most you can do. Do just like you would do with any other illness.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 11:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• And get some elderberry syrup: The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference. A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day difference in duration of symptoms.

• My sister-in-law has it. she Went to the doctor and they prescriped her with medicine that they need for the flu.. so im hoping your childs doctor did the same also. theres nothing u can do, all he needs to do is DRINK LOTS of fluids and I mean WATER and of course giner ale if he helps him feel better. but im sure he is either burning up or cold so ask him and make sure theres a humidifer in his room with the moisture in the air. but def please let him drink lots of water ..and he needs to stay in bed until he gets better.dont let him go out
    Butterflykiss15

Answer by Butterflykiss15 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• my grandmas sister has it...she went to the ER yesterday, and died last night -- BUT they brought her back to life ( died for like a minutes as they were working on her)....she also had phenmonia...which from what i understand...they are considering swine flu as the regular flu + something else such as pnemonia or bronchitis.......?

but my cousin also has it, the dr called in a prescription for him....he is better then he was yesterday.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Fever for 3 days. It got REALLY high once and I brought it down, which I don't usually do but she wasn't acting like herself, and she threw up once. Lots of fluids and echinacha :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My mom, brother, and sister have had it and possibly my son (he was 11 months at the time, last spring - the doctor refused to see him because he was sick so I don't know for sure if it was H1N1 or regular flu). They were all very sick and felt terrible for several days and then got better, just like the regular flu. My son was tired for a week after his fever broke but was then fine. Make sure he is getting plenty of fluids and that his fever doesn't get too high. And lots of rest.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 2:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My friends son had it last week. The doctor gave him Tamiflu? He is already doing better? Keep that in mind...I definately will!
    aebrown

Answer by aebrown at 10:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2009