is it ok if my 1y.o. dd only wants to eat fruits and vegetables?

my dd is 17 months.. and she is very picky. hates graduates entrees and i don't blame her. that food is exceptionally bland.

all she'll eat for breakfast is cereal and fruits (like a whole banana and a few chopped up grapes) and a bottle of milk with some cereal. i've tried giving her egg (just the yolk) but she doesn't like it anymore.

for lunch (she loves anything i eat with jasmine/basmati rice) but the stuff we eat, although somewhat cultural (compared to typical american food) isn't always healthy. but she prefers it over gerber entrees. and i want her to eat something.. so i feed some of my food along with more fruit.

for dinner it's always a hassle trying to figure out what she'll want. because i don't want to feed her the same thing... i've tried making food for her. but it's like she knows its only for her. she seems to want only what the grown ups eat.

which would be fine if we didn't eat so much sea food.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I opted for the self serve meals for our DD when we would eat things that she can't. We also went thru a 3 month period when she would only eat vienna sausages...it's a phase and they will not starve...they eat what their body needs unlike adults who eat what they crave.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• **cont.

idk. i gues i'm just feeling insecure about what i'm feeding her. id like some advice or reassurance or something.
    ---lunch her meals with juice
    --dinner usually she'll like rice/with some kind of recipe involving ground beef.
    &milk
    -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Personally i would give whatever you are having, fish should be ok, other types of seafood are not good to eat a lot of even for adults! The graduates are not healthy at all, its basically junk food for young kids!
    My son has never liked meat, he mostly eats fruits and vegetables and some carbs! Its fine to do that. He does like fish so he gets that twice a week or so (no shrimp, lobster etc in my home because my husband is allergic to them)
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• my 3 yo is now on a bread and fruit kick. I'll indulge for awhile. My oldest went 3 months eatting nothing but tomato soup and cheese sandwiches. 3 meals a day. Thats when the 3 bite rule started in my house. After a month it was if you want your soup and grilled cheese you have to take 3 bites of chicken or ham or this and that. eventually they outgrow it. But still offer other foods.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• She is old enough to have all the egg (and it is the whites they should have when they are younger, not the yolk). And any foods that you are eating are fine, especially if she likes them. Stay away from choking hazards (ex. nuts), and everything else is fair game. Good luck. Oh, and unless she is allergic to sea food, she should be fine with it (check mercury content online).
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• no my daughter throws up the whites.....

she can't tolerate a lot of shell foods yet. (eggs [the whites], nuts, shellfish)...

=(
    Anonymous

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/eggs.htm
    Anonymous