Deer meat, YUCK!!!

How do I cook with this and hide the gamey flavor? I can't stand the gamey flavor but DH loves to hunt and I don't like hunting for sport. So, any ideas?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• depends on what you're usind it for... i make an awesome deer stew, cube the meat, put in baby carrots, chop some celery, add cubed potatoes, water, salt and pepper, onions, corn and cook it until the meat is done
    Anonymous

• oh my dont cook it getting a drying machine for making jerky. oh my my fther used to make jerky and put the spicy peppers on it and u dont even have to do that . its so yummy!
    Butterflykiss15

Answer by Butterflykiss15 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• soak it in dale's sauce
    Anonymous

• brown steaks in butter. Add onion, peppers, hot sauce, and more butter. Put on a lid and simmer until the meat and veggies are soft and tender. This tastes great if you like spicey. Venison also tastes great in vegetable soup.
    tinaaly

Answer by tinaaly at 12:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• When grinding it add some hamburger to it. You can buy some of the cheap stuff to mix in. Cook as you would any hamburger.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• we marinate ours in speedy sauce overnight and make kabobs with veggies and then grill it. Takes most of the gamey taste away.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Google game recipes. I'm sure that you will find tons. I personally love deer and elk. : ) When I was young my family was quite poor and we ate a lot of game. I will tell you something, wild game is by far tastier than no meat at all. : )
    Anonymous

• If we didn't have venison we would spend many hungry days. After we have cut steaks we always process the meat and cut it with about 30% pork sausage. pkg. and freeze use as you would any other burger meat. I also take some of the mixture and add my special spices to make sausages with. If it is an older buck we always do a lot of jerky with it.
    Anonymous

• Do what I did: sweet talk him into donating the meat to Habitat for Hungry or a local boy/girls haven/orphanage.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It's true texasgurl...there are many that are hurting right now that would love the chance at that protein. If you don't think that you wish to eat it yourself, make certain that someone will have meat that they might otherwise not have gotten.
    Anonymous