just a question....

i work at a retail store. an nice retail store.we hired 2 college girls.i find them very condescending and degrading.always implying every who works there had 8 kids and is on pa....very snobbish.for one thing if any one is on pa its not there business.she asked me what my husband did for a living and is always trying to find something to put down the other employees ..i find this veryirritating.granted this girls are much younger than me so i just let it go.but i guess my question is where would they learn to be like this at such an early age.i am 50 and find it very degrading...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• People here on cm were talking bad about people on pa a lot. It seems to be a lot less in the last few weeks. Maybe it was just a couple of people and they went away.

It seems kindness is not valued.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It seems like kids are no longer taught manners and so they grow up to be like the girls you work with.
    Anonymous

• I would tell them if they want to work there they need to be professional and respectful towards other employees or they will be fired.
    Anonymous

• Theyre in college and just dont have the life experience it takes to see that looking down their noses at people is silly
    tam84

Answer by tam84 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• They grew up over indulged and think the world, especially older adults, owes them. If they spent their last dollar they would be the first to apply for PA while spewing dramatic stories. In fact I'm surprised they're not on food assistance already. Now that I'm a married mom I am amazed by the stupidity and complete lack of regard for others displayed by people this age. They think you are there to serve them. How to handle it? I have no idea.
    Anonymous

• They are too young to know what life is really like. Unfortunately, a lot of younger people think this kind of behavior is fine and those around them are typically indulgent, many times their parents. I get to see this with a certain relative far too much. I think it's just more spoiled brats in the world. I'm sorry you have to deal with them. I'm finding that I have less tolerance for that kind of thing.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2009