How much would you pay for a previously worn wedding dress?

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to sell my wedding dress (still happily married, just wanting to sell it) but don't know how much I should expect to get for it. It's a designer gown (Maggie Sottero) and I got it for $1000. It's been professionally cleaned and preserved and is free of any stains or smells. You can't even tell it's been worn.

Any thoughts?

MamaSueCongdon

Asked by MamaSueCongdon at 12:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I shopped the consignment stores when I was looking for my dress. From what I saw at the consignment stores I'd say $250 without a veil and $300 if you have the matching veil.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I would try looking it and simalar dresses on Ebay and craigslist to get an Idea. I would think it would have a lot more to do with how old the dress is and how 'in style' it still is.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Are you sure you want to sell it? My sis-in-law gave hers to goodwill and now she regrets not keeping it.
    newmamanew2town

Answer by newmamanew2town at 10:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I am sure. It really is just an object, and having it sitting in my closet when it could make someone else happy and help us raise some much needed money in tough times is a much better use for it. Also, since my wedding I've lost 15 pounds and plan to keep losing weight - so the dress wouldn't even fit me anymore even if I wanted to just play around in it (but who does that?). And the odds of me having a daughter are almost 0 (my husband's family is ALL boys).
    Anonymous