Should I let it go or confront him?

My boss walked into my office yesterday and showed me, what I thought was a tasteless picture of a dog dressed up in a Halloween costume of the Pope (please keep in mind I am Catholic!) Today, it’s hanging up in his office. My co-workers tell me to let it go, but I can. Would he find the same humor in a picture of a dog dressed up as a Rabbi? I'm sure not. I know two wrongs don't make a right but sometimes you have to stoop to people’s level to get your point across. What is he going to do fire me? ...what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would let it go. If he finds a tasteless picture of a dog dressed up as the Pope funny he will probably find a tasteless picture as a dog dressed as a Rabbi funny. Its not worth getting upset over IMO.
    Anonymous

• Let it go, it's your choice whether to be offended or not. It's not a naked woman or man with their junk all spread out. It's a pic of a dog in a pope costume, hardly worth being offended over
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I agree, not worth getting upset over. People are different & have different sense of humors. You should have said something when he showed it to you, even jokingly you could have said "I'm catholic ya know" He would have gotten the picture without anyone getting bent out of shape. Too late now, Halloween is almost over. Just let it go.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• http://inappropriatehalloweencostumes.blogspot.com/2009/09/dog-shalom-rabbi-halloween-costume.html
    Show him this. Then see what his reaction is. If he gets upset tell him he feels the same way as you. If he laughs, let it go.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• What's the worst that can happen if you complain??? Other than the obvious tension it creates. Seriously I know it bothers you, but give it to God and let it go. If you absolutely can't let it go be cautious on the wording you use when you say something.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Let it go. It may be tasteless but it's not hurting anyone. Plus, he most likely knows it bothers some people and did it to ruffle feathers, by getting upset you are only showing him that his imaturity is working...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I have to agree--let it go. It's stupid,yes, but it's not as big a thing as you are making it. You never know...the pope might actually get a laugh out of it. Remember that as long as you remain upset about it the more power you give to HIM. Ignore it and it won't be any fun for him, and he will stop trying to get your goat. He may not even realize that you don't have the same crude sense of humor that he does. If you feel so strongly about it then quietly look for another job, or file a complaint with both him and his superiors (written out and in triplicate). And if he fires you for complaining, seek help from the ACLU.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Is it the Chihuahua one? If it is I'm sorry but it's too darn cute.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Let it go, is it worth loosing a job over? People who will replace you are a dime a dozen these days, ignore the man and his sick sense of humor.

Answer by older at 1:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2009