Why do women use Halloween as an excuse to be really slutty?

Do you do this? If so, why? I always think of that movie Mean Girls, when they say Halloween is an excuse for girls to dress like huge sluts and have everyone be ok with it. I hate this! I'm going out on Halloween and I know there are going to be girls with their boobs hanging out everywhere! Ewwww.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was just thinking the same thing! Even about the movie when she says girls put on animal ears and lingerie and call it a costume! I've been looking for a costume and I swear the majority of costumes for adult women are, sexy nurse, sexy vamp, sexy nun, sexy Mrs. Krueger! Not everyone wants to look like a ho for Halloween.
    Anonymous

• So, for some of them, what's their excuse for the rest of the year??? Let's face it we like to feel sexy and be desired. And this is the kind of thing men go for. For some I think it's empowering. Honestly I really don't know. I may follow up on this later to find out their reasons. The only time I dress slutty is for a private show with my husband. Too bad for everyone else. :)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I don't know. My kids are going to be the Cowardly Lion and the Tin Man, and I wanted my husband to be the scarecrow and me to dress as Dorothy. I couldn't find any Dorothy costumes that weren't totally slutty, so I'm not dressing up. I don't want to be out showing off my ass anyway, but I especially don't want to go out with a group of little kids looking like a hooker. I'm bummed about it because I thought that would be a really cute theme for the whole family.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Because it's fun.

I do think it's inappropriate when women wear those costumes around children, but if you're going to an adult only party, I think it's fine. Like a PP said, it's nice to feel sexy and desired.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• i don't. i buy costumes appropriate for my kids halloween parties & trick or treating...
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 1:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Its like an alter ego sort of thing
    tam84

Answer by tam84 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Halloween is a time to look on the outside the way you feel on the inside without any repercussions. If you feel sexy, why not look it?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Most costumes in the stores for women are sexy. I bought a mummy costume a few years ago for a work party and so far, it's really the only non sleezy costume that I have found, so I have to wear that any time there will be children around. Tonight I am dressing up in my mummy outfit and Leila will be a clown. I'm excited! This is my first time handing out candy. (my last place was in the city, so there were no trick or treaters.)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• well maybe the costumes are put out once a year so that you can buy the sexy costumes for the bedroom so that you dont have to go on the internet and spend hundreds of dollars on an internet one??? lol idk...
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Idk why they do that. In my opinion, they look trashy, and I can't help but wonder how they don't freeze their butts off, especially since their butts aren't covered, KWIM?

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2009