How many gifts do you get each kid for christmas?

And if you have more than one kid, do you go more for spending the same amount on each, or making sure each one has the same amount of gifts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have 3 boys and we usually get them each one big gift and a couple of small ones. I think we concentrate more on getting them the same amount of gifts, although we don't worry ourselves too much about it. Our 2 year old is still to young to really realize what is going on and I don't think he would notice if his older brother got one more gift then he did.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• We have 2 boys, and we get them a couple of presents each. They additionally get presents from cousins (we have a family xmas exchange), and one set of grandparents + grgrandparents spoil them rotten so we don't feel the need to overdo our own buying. :)
    hisemma

Answer by hisemma at 1:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• With a 7 and 5 yr old they rarely notice cost or quantity - but we do aim for "same number" of packages within our budget. If one ends up with a little more "expense" than the other we don't worry too much about it. How much we buy varies every year depending on the cost of the items they're putting on their wish list. We play it by ear.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I am just a kid myself having a kid. But my mom has four kids and my dad has two. They always just said I am spending two hundred on each of you. An if we asked for something costy than we only got that one gift or maybe a cell phone and a bracelet or something. When we was younger mom always tried to get us close to the same number of gifts cause you know we still thought it was Santa. So it is really how ever you choose to do it.
    Tymber15

Answer by Tymber15 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I have two girls and it is hard to say how many a piece they will get it just depends on the price of things that we buy.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• We try to keep the same number of gifts for my three children.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I try to do same # of gifts. I try to keep the money as equal as possible, but if I can't, I just make sure they have the same #.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• No more than 10 for each kid. Giant gifts count as 2.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• We do two, one fun and one educational.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Usually one big thing and one small thing plus goodies for a stocking.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2009