In a big rut. HELP!!

Recently DH and I went to the movies. When we returned home he had realized his wallet was missing. We have called everywhere looked everywhere and still can't find it. His wallet had his lisence, social, and all other forms of ID in it. In order to replace his lisence he needs his social but in order to get his social he needs his lisence....Is there a way to get one without having the other...I call SS and I was on hold for FOREVER. Does anyone know?? And is there a way to cash his paycheck without ID and no bank account??

mommy514

Asked by mommy514 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• In regards to the paycheck.. you could sign it over to someone who does have a bank account and have them cash it for you.
    Im not sure what you can do about the other situation except explain to the DMV and SS what happened. He doesnt have a passport or other picture ID?
    Anonymous

• I would first suggest going to the police station and filing a lost report. You *may* need that if someone picks up your husbands wallet and tries to steal his identity. Have you asked the DMV (or whatever it may be called where you are) how he can get a new licenses since his one is lost? I honestly would not know where else to turn, but you need to explain the situation to as many people as possible until someone tells you what you can do. You can't be the only person this has happened too. . Good Luck!
    kayleighsmom529

Answer by kayleighsmom529 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ss5doc/?ID=rep&Selfchild=self&Status=us&Submit=Submit

Go to the Department of Motor Vehicles website for your state to find out more about lost driver's license.  I know here in GA, the DMV can change a person's license if it has been lost or stolen if they are provided with a copy of the police report.  I'd at least call and ask if they do that.  If so, file a report.  You need to do that anyways just to protect yourselves.

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2009