How to get him off bottles

my ds is 14 months I have been trying to get him off the bottle since he turned 1, he does fine during the day with no bottles but at night its a different story I give him one before he goes to bed and he still wakes up once in the middle of the night and a bottle is the only way he will go back to sleep I have tried everything... cutting out the bottle before bed wont be a problem, but how do i go about cutting the one in the middle of the night out??? Please any advice that you have is wanted

mommy2b17MV

Asked by mommy2b17MV at 1:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try offering him a sippy cup in the middle of the night instead.. if he wont take it let him be for a while and see if he goes back to sleep.
    Anonymous

• My son is 7 months old and we just switched to cups completely. What we do for him is use the munckin cups that look like sippys but have soft tops made out of the same material as nipples in the middle of the night. They are spill proof too. I didn't really think it would work either but it has done wonders for my son. Here is the link for the exact ones we have. I always get his at walmart though.

http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Mighty-Spill-Proof-Sippy/dp/B001THVDSQ
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• my bf is sick of the getting up in the middle of the night he thinks he is to old for it but i cant control when he wakes up... my bf says he is spoiled because he always gets a bottle in the middle of the night when he wants one... me personally im tired of waking up in ht middle of the night but all i have to do is hand him a bottle and he can do the rest so i can go right back to sleep.... so i guess it's more of is there any night time routines that work really well with your kids to help them sleep through the night???
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 1:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• If he's not using a bottle during the day, he shouldn't be getting one at night. If he needs something, give it in a sippy cup (or whatever he uses during the day)

Is he waking out of habit or hunger? If habit...just put a stop to it. You'll be exhausted for a few days, but he'll get over it and then you'll all sleep better. If it's out of hunger, maybe he needs more calories during the day.
    Anonymous