Separated Stomach Muscles after Pregnancy

So I just had my 3rd baby and my Dr. commented at my last visit that my stomach muscles were separated. I was there for other issues (postpartum bleeding) so I didn't really think to ask any questions. But now I'm wondering what exactly does this mean- will my stomach ever look the same, will I eventually have to get a surgery to correct it?? I've done some research online but I'm looking for other moms who have experienced this... what was your outcome, what did you do (exercises, surgery, etc.), how does your stomach look now, did you have another baby after having this? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I JUST saw an episode of The Doctors about this. What the plastic surgeon on the show said was that it is very common for the stomach muscles to separate during pregnancy and the ONLY way to put them back together is surgery. They called it the two-for-one tummy tuck. They said no matter what you do, how much exercise you do, the muscles will never work the same, thus you will never be able to lose all of the stomach fat and gain firmness back. They call it the 2 for 1 because they tuck the tummy and then they sew the separated muscles back together, like a cross stitch.

I am pregnant with my 3rd child now and have every intention of getting the two for one tummy tuck if I need it!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2009