My 4 month ols is going in reverse, he was sleeping through the night now he is waking up every hour...im exhausted!! help!

whitrichards228

Asked by whitrichards228 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Actually that sounds about normal...Mine flipped about every 3 months or so up until about 18 months. Then she has slept thru the night ever since.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Could be teeth! My 6 m/o just stopped sleeping through the night. she wakes up to nurse like 3-5 times a night now... makes for very rough work days!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• That sounds very normal! Teething, reaching a milestone...there are a million reasons your child would do this.

If you are exhausted, you may want to try co-sleeping, especially if you are breastfeeding. However, that, I believe, is a personal decision that you need to feel comfortable with. It'll pass, though.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 2:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I have a hard time believing a baby waking every hour is normal. Does he/she have a fever? I heard ear infections will do this, teething hurts too - growth spurts.. my son had colic at this age so he never slept anyway but every hour?? no.. that can't be "normal" it could become a habit and that is even harder to fix - at 4 months they are still crying or waking because something is bothering them.. are you able to calm him/her?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Yep. Normal. They change their sleeping patterns as often as you change diapers. And it could be for ANY reason...or none at all.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2009