What are some activities I can do with my 17 month old other than going to the park or playing with toys?

ladybuglane

Asked by ladybuglane at 1:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter's have both loved crafts and drawing since they were really little. I started with the finger paints, or made edible playdough. They really enjoy being creative, and it fills time on bad weather days. We also play with homemade instruments, like banging on pots with wooden spoons, or making shakers with sealed plastic containers and rice. Also, call me crazy, but I started letting them help me bake by about a year and a half. My oldest daughter adds ingredients, and my little one stirs. Or, if we make cookies they like to press the cookie cutters or add sprinkles.
    MommyLi288

Answer by MommyLi288 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My public library has a story time specifically for kids under two. Maybe yours does to?
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 4:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• google activities to do with your 17 month old and you will be amazed at how many results you will find from "edible fingerpaints and play dough" to adding food coloring to ice cubes to play with in teh tub....sand boxes, water tables, mashed potatoe sculptures, sticker art, home made bubbles and soaps....the possibilites are endless :) you can also begin to encourage her to be "mommys" helper and let her "help" you do chores around the house sorting laundry, wiping things down, and child size toy brro and vacuume...just a thought
    ItsAllFun

Answer by ItsAllFun at 12:30 AM on Nov. 1, 2009