is anyone else falling into a depression looking for a job?/HOw long have you been looking

Ive been looking for 5 months and its driving me crazy..so much for my higher education.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Gah, me too. I have been umeployed since June '08. I also have higher education, BA and MS. Guess what? I'm overqualified for everything except my field, which since I'm a teacher, there's only a small hiring window each year. People who say "There's always something" are just wrong.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I have been looking for a long time and so has my hubby. It is not easy how people that don't HAVE to work say it is! I cannot stand women on here who never have to work or never got laid off from a job assume it is so easy to find one!! It is not!!
    Anonymous

• I got a job in retail late last year in order to make ends meet. With the economy, the retailer I worked for lost about 5 million of their billion + profit margin from 2007. All of a sudden we were on lockdown with hiring, and when they did lift it, it was for 90 day seasonal temp empl with no benefits.

It's gotten a lot harder. I think it is still easier to find something that is not in your specific field, but my retail job got 10x more difficult because they were concerned about making less than a billion in profits this year. I wish I was kidding.

So I think it's gotten harder. You might look on USJobs.com. The feds are always posting positions. They have a wider variety than you might think. They had a teaching job to teach English in Korea that was a six figure job. Probably not doable, because my DH's job stopped me from applying, but they have things like that which are unexpected. Good luck!
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 3:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Oh its harder then people think.  I have been looking for new work for two years now.  I can't move because of my dh's job.  Try having a degree in Civil Engineering while living in a small city.  There just isn't any jobs for me here.  I got desperate needing to help out more and even went so far as to try the local McDonald's, they never even wasted time with me.  Over educated and the only things here are local stores and fast food joints, they don't bother with you here if you have any education above high school. 

Anonymous

• Since June of 2008 while I was still working at my other job. I have been without a job for 10 months now and still no luck. I've had interviews, but no call backs. I even went through a temp agency for 4 months - not even a nibble. This area sucks for jobs right now. My two teens couldn't even get jobs at the local fast food factories (McDonald's, Burger Kind, & Wendy's).
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2009