what can I do?

dd is 12 weeks old and I'm wondering why does she spit up clear liquids? she's got a cold and has been spitting up mucus as well. I've already taken her to the doctors and they said to bring her back if she can't breath or if she gets a fever otherwise I just need to wait it out. but the spitting up mucus is new... I guess my question is how do I make it stop? I'm trying to teach her she doesn't need the boob to fall asleep but with how much she's been spitting up I wonder if she really is hungry. what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if she has a cold and is swallowing a lot of mucous, it could be upsetting her stomach, thus she spits up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• ditto what the pp said, but if she was doing it before the cold it sounds like reflux to me.
    mamasherry79

Answer by mamasherry79 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• If she was spitting up BEFORE the cold, it might be reflux - talk to your Dr. about it. If she started spitting up with the cold, or even right before (the mucus was likely there before other symptoms), it's cold related and there's not much you can do about it. Keep nursing on demand - it will help flush out all the bad stuff. I would wait until after the cold is gone to go back to falling asleep without a boob in her mouth :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2009