do you go by the weight or absorbancy when buying diapers.

my son whos 23lbs wears a size 4 diaper they work fine but ive tried a 5 and it seems like it fits better. but the size 5 says 27+ lbs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine always grew out of the diapers before she hit the weight limit...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Same as pp. I never waited until they got to the weight limit before I moved up a size.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think you have to see which one fits them better. My daughter is 2 months old and I recently changed from Newborn to size 1 because the newborn where leaving marks on her legs. So just look at which one fits better.
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• totally depends on the kid - if it seems to fit better, go for the bigger size :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Go with the one you feel fits your child best. There is no rules when it comes to diapers any more then there is about clothes sizes for your child. Some will jump sizes quickly other will not. As long as it does its job and fits the child that is all that really matters.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 11:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Look at whats comfy yet still works..I never go by the weight. My son always has to move up a size b4 hes at the weight limit and my friends daughter can fit them longet than the size limit. Depends on the kid.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:26 AM on Oct. 31, 2009