To all you "Coupon Clippers"...how much is your weekly grocery bill???

I saw something on the news this morning about a woman who is a genius with coupons. With clipping and saving coupons, she has managed to feed a family of 6 for around $4.00 per week!!! I saw her take a trip to the store and a bill of around $230.00 was only 1 Cent AFTER coupons!!! How in the world does that happen??? So my question is, for those who are just as talented with clipping coupons as this particular lady, what are your tips for being so successful? What should I look for in the weekly ads? Do you have a system? Please help me out for I would LOVE to save a little extra money. Thanks so much in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Dang. I would LOVE to know!
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I saw a show once about a woman who only shopped with coupons. I don't remember if her savings were as much as the one you saw but it was a huge difference! I really would like to clip coupons but the only ones i find are for stuff we never use!
    Anonymous

• Most coupons I get are not for food. If you have a safeway card cellfire can load coupons on to it. That is pretty much my food savings of around ten dollars a week. I am crazy over free samples! My profile has a few pictures of what I have gotten FREE! TIP for coupons make sure the item is on sale or clearance that way you get the lowest price when you use the coupon! Go to websites like freebies4mom.com
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Well, couponing is a LOT of work. I mean, a LOT. I used to be a crazy coupon clipper and I would save between $20-$50 every time I shopped. But now I just use common sense, stock up when things are on sale, and use the occasional internet coupon. We now spend about $60/week on our family of 6 (all 4 kids are under 5).

I have some couponing info on my blog from when I did a lot of it if you want to check it out. I think search the topics for 'coupons':

todaysdailydose.blogspot.com
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• p.s. moneysavingmom is the queen of coupon-shopping. her site is fantastic! be sure to check it out!
    fluud7

• www.moneysavingmom.com
    fluud7

• ALSO i HAVE TONS MORE INFO ABOUT FREE SAMPLES JUST LEAVE ME A MESSAGE!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• A friend of mine has a website about couponing. It's http://www.gatewaytosaving.blogspot.com/

It's VERY easy in this day and age, you can go to some websites, select the coupons you want and print them off.

In fact, I have a coupon for the new Tinkerbell movie for $10 off. And this week Target has it on sale for $15.99. I'm going to buy it tomorrow and I will pay $5.99 for it. I'm saving it for Christmas.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• We occasionally use coupons, but really we just bargain shop. There is a grocery store named Karns near us and their meats go on sale at different prices all the time. Yesterday we went and the boneless skinless chicken breasts were only $1.48/lb, so we bought 20lbs worth. We go to the Farmer's market for our veggies from May-November. Sometimes they will sell huge baskets of green peppers for only $5. I'm talking like 60 peppers. So I cut, deseed and demembrane them and put them in ziplocs and freeze them, so we have them all winter instead of paying ridiculous prices at the grocery store. There is a discount grocery store right near us, so we go there for canned items, rice, pasta and other things. Also, we have a membership at Costco, so we buy many things in bulk.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I use coupons every week but coupons generally are only for canned/boxed/processed food and personal/cleaning/paper products. Personally I am an 'around the edge' shopper. Which means I hit up the produce, meat and dairy. I do buy some of the canned/boxed/processed foods but not much. Yes I do save money on those items and tend to get them free especially when my local grocery store is offering triple $1 coupon offers but I still spend about $300 a month on a family of 3+ 1 dog.
    NavyMama6894

Answer by NavyMama6894 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2009