How to deal with his first deployment

I am new to the whole deployment I am a navy brat but I have never been on this end so I have no clue how to deal with him being home or here without him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I know it sounds simple, but the best advice I've ever gotten is to just stay busy.

Let yourself have a few days to be sad and miss him and then pick yourself up and make a list of goals to accomplish while he's gone. Working out, losing weight, organizing the house, etc. Then get to work on those goals... stay busy and time goes by fast.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Really....stay busy...I mean I was in  a different situation my dad was the one deployed so kindof different...lol really just stay busy....get a calender mark the days down! GL    hugs

rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I'm about to be in the same boat. My husband will deploy Jan 2nd 2010 for a year. I have made plans to take advantage of going back to school. You get a grant for school tuition and a grant for child care. I am going to hop on that one! Organizing is a good thing I agree with cavalrybaby02. My husband has been gone for a month and what helped me was Organizing things that irritated me. School papers, mail, STUFF LOL hope it goes by quickly for you. Hope it does for me too!
    aebrown

Answer by aebrown at 11:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Thank you all for the support and the answers it really does help time is flying by
    kokoa77

Answer by kokoa77 at 8:18 AM on Nov. 3, 2009