Will you be spending more than $50 on your child next pair of shoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• The only time I usually buy shoes is when Famous Footwear has a buy 1 get 1 half off sale, so it usually averages out to $45-50 per pair.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 2:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• No. I wouldnt spend that much on shoes for myself or my children.
    Anonymous

• I think that if your are willing to spend $50 dollars on 1 pair of shoes. They must be worth the price.
    Anonymous

• i spend in upwords of 50 for my shoes because you get what you pay for. my shoes last for atleast 18 months. but my kids dont even stay in th esame size shoe for 6 months so i let them pick from the 20 and under shoes at wal mart. once they dont grow out of them so fast i will be willing to spend more on them but not when i have to buy them every few months.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Nope. I usually try to keep their shoe purchases below $30.

But I do try to buy name brand for the everyday wear shoes. They last longer and I don't have to buy another pair midway through the season.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• my boys that are 16, 17 I would their feet are no longer growing as fast so it is worth the money my younger kids no way
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 2:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• No, I don't spend that much on my kids shoes - they outgrow them so fast!

Answer by missanc at 2:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I would spend that much on my 14 year-old's shoes. Actually that would be a bargain for his sneakers. He's in a men's 9.5. But I would never pay that for my little ones.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Yes, because he needs shoes that will fit over his AFOs, plus be appropriate for a boy his age (14). Unfortunately, that means spending the big bucks, but he typically gets a couple of years out of them, so I don't mind much.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My ds is 10, has HFA and still cant tie his shoes yet, so I have to find the velcro ones and he wears a size 2 W. Choices tend to become limited..
    So I buy based on what fits his foot the best that has the velcro straps and are a wide fit.. Once I meet those requirements, I just get them, I dont worry about the price because by the time I have found him the "perfect" shoe, Im DONE!
    I have typically had luck with Stride Rite and a couple of New Balance styles. I think the most we paid for a pair of his shoes was a pair of Stride Rite sneakers that was somewhere over $60. But that was just out of desperation and tiredness a couple of times..
    Typically I like to stay under or around $50 or so.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2009