My heels and feet are so cracked it hurts to walk..anyone?

I put vaseline on my feet and into my socks all night and it helped some. Does anyone know what will work long term for dry cracked feet. Ugly and OUCH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Health

• In the summer my son's feet were so cracked and split open from his water shoes. The doctor told me to go to Target and get a tin of bag balm. We had to ask the pharmacy for it at our store because they kept it behind the counter. Let me tell you that I was a little nervous because it is also used on cows utters, but I looked online and saw that it was safe to use. It was AMAZING! The difference that it made in just 2 nights was incredible. I would highly recommend it. And it was less than $5.00. Hope this helps!!
    Anonymous

• Slather on shea butter at night (the cheap kind is fine) and put on socks. make sure that you are drinking enough water - at least 8 8oz glasses a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I would try the product below.  Plain vaseline doesn't penetrate.  Also, it would help if you slowly slough away the callus with a callus removing paddle....you need to do this on a regular basis, even after your feet are smooth and healed to keep them nice. If you are a very overweight person, your feet will probably always have problems, since excessive weight on the feet is also a cause of very heavy callus.

http://www.footsmart.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=326&cm_re=xsell-_-product-_-3

Anonymous

• The lady at my salon who does pedicures suggest putting Vics Vapo Rub on your feet everynight to keep them moist and prevent /heal cracks. My grams tried it and she said it worked well. I dont know if I would like the smell, but it you can get past it, try it.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I can't afford too much right now so maybe I better take ANON 2:40 advice of sloughing off the dead skin and RKOLOMS advice with the inexpensive shea butter. Thank you for your advice. I'm not more than maybe 20 pounds overweight so I don't think it's enough to cause an issue.
    Anonymous

• I have some VICS at home so I can try that one right now.. great idea.. thanks!
    Anonymous

• once you get it all healed up..... continue to drink lots of water.. and try to always put some type of lotion, cream or ointment on them to keep it from getting like this again. try coconut oil.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• read the vics container first...i don't think your suppose to put it on cracked skin?
    Anonymous

• slough it off.

then crush 2 asprin in vaseline, smear it on and wrap with cellophane.

just learned it in the You Being Beautiful (DrOz) book. worked PERFECT on dh's ratty cracked heels.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I was just going to post about the cows udder cream and then I saw someone beat me to it, but they are right it does work great and it isnt very expensive.....vics does good too, I have put it on cracked feet before and it helped....plain old vaseline will work too....if they dont begin to heal up soon after self treating you might want to see a dr to rule out a fungal or bacterial infection.
    ItsAllFun

Answer by ItsAllFun at 12:36 AM on Nov. 1, 2009