yea or nay on pull ups/easy ups?

I'd like to start potty training my son, how do I start, do I leave him in diapers and take him to the potty when he shows his cues? or straight to undies? are pull-ups worth it? would he wear pulls up in place of diapers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• UNDIES! And pull ups at night!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• And the only reason I say pull ups instead of diapers at night is because my DD LOVES putting on her pull ups by herself, she thinks she is such a big girl. Diapers are ok, and we so still use them sometimes because pull ups are pretty spendy.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• We used pull ups at night for a while. She wasn't ready to be night trained, and I didn't want to put a diaper back on her. So she did pull ups at night for a couple of months. Underwear during the day.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• i used pull ups on my boys, it didnt make really any difference in potty training it was just easier on the laundry and cleaning up part....and i plan on using pull ups on my daughter. i started with sitting them on the potty while stil in diapers when they tried to go potty on their own is when i started using pull ups it easier for them to get on and off and less mess and they come apart like diapers so if poopy you can do like a diaper change...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• UNDIES! And pull ups at night!
    My_4_cuties_08

Answer by My_4_cuties_08 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• i say undies. my little gurl didnt even try to use the potty when she had pullups. she would only potty when she knew it would make her wet. At night i did use pull ups cause it was easier for her to get off in the morning for her first potty time. But after she got up it was right back to the panties. She was only a week or so after i started trying it this way.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Go straight to undies. Pull ups just confuse them and they can't feel it if they pee. Use either pull ups or diapers at night.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• ok lemme make sure I got the hang of this lol he seems ready for the potty and I'd like to try. so I'd have him wear underwear and I'm sure he'll have an accident, this would make him realize the potty is the place to go? I mean I'd encourage him and all. if I missed a cue and he had an accident thats where I'd say "poo/pee goes in the potty!"...do i have this right? :)
    Anonymous

• I thought bare bottom worked better than anything else for my kids. Pull Ups are glorified diapers (though they are good for overnight and for long car rides/outings when kids are just starting out and cleaning up a mess would be problematic!)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I agree with everyone who said underwear during the day and in the beginning use the pull ups at night (unless you like washing sheets every day...lol)
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 4:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2009