Lack of Fetal Movement

I am almost 28 weeks and normally I feel lots of movement between 10am-noon. Today, I haven't felt anything beyond a few kicks when I first woke up. I have been moving around, and taking it easy both trying figure out what's going on. I have a hada mini candy bar to try and get him to move due to sugar, and that was 2 hours ago. (It is now almost 2 pm). Still nothing. Should I be worried? Also 2 nights ago he was so active, I could see it for the first time, but now I am not feeling or seeing anything, and can't even feel for where he is positioned like I could before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you cannot feel 10 movements in an hour....esp after drinking a glass of juice. You should contact your doctor. Keep in mind that babies to have their ups and downs. Sometimes they sleep or relax more than others. Try to be calm, but keep on eye on this and call your doc. Better safe then sorry. Keep us posted!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• call your doctor to be sure, but it might help wake the baby and get it moving if you cup your hand and smack the side of your belly. Nothing too hard just enough to get the loud smack sound. Also ice water or something real cold might do it.
    Panopel

Answer by Panopel at 2:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• thank you for quick responses. of course, right after i read them, and called both my mom and hubby's mom, he started moving around again. not much, but at least enough to let me know he's ok
    Anonymous

• My doctor gave me a kick count card that I am suppose to use starting at 28 weeks (2 days ago) From 28 to 32 weeks they want 10 movements within 3 hours. Then from 32 weeks on, they want 10 within an hour. I am only 28 weeks and the past three days my kick counts have been 10 in 10 minutes! But I dont think a mini candy bar is enough to give your baby alot of sugar. I would drink some juice and lay down and see what happens. My doc said the best time to do the kick counts is an hour after you eat or drink
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2009