Would you move the boxes anyway??

For the last 14 years we have dragged around my DH boxes full of stuff. Every house we have lived in he keeps these boxes around. This new house we moved into 4 months ago, I told him that I wanted the boxes gone. I am tired of living in houses with boxes everywhere. Well, 4 months later we still have 30 boxes in our livingroom/dining room area. I told him this afternoon that I would be happy to park in the driveway so that the boxes can go in the garage. He flipped a lid!! OMG, he is so upset hat I would even suggest that we get these (*&^^& boxes out of the house. So, my question is...would you go ahead and move the boxes into the garage even though he will be mad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Is he a hoarder??? I would move them. He will get over it.
    Anonymous

• I would move them, I would rather them where not everyone can see them!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I sure would!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• well what are in the boxes that make them so precious to him? If you don't know- look. If you do know then try to get him to condense them so they aren't such a huge problem.

I would tell him, "Look, I love you and appreciate these things are important to you but enough already. You have 10 boxes allotted to fit things in by (name a date).. I will even help you if you want, but we can't continue dragging around 30 boxes to just have them sit all over. This is our home and it looks like a storage unit."
    Chickie12

Answer by Chickie12 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Move 2 at a time, he will never miss them. after 14 years he doesn't even know what's in them.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 3:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Yeah, what the heck is in there? Boxes do not beling in the livingroom. Could you organize it into plastic tubes and then put them in the garage?
    Rowdyblues

Answer by Rowdyblues at 3:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Well this is a hard question. Its his house too. I live with a "piler" and hoarder. He saves everything. I have boxes and piles all over the house too. When they get to bad, I pile them and then like momorgan suggested I move a couple at a time. Its hard........try to move into a house with a basement lol good luck
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Yes i would either just move them or sit him down and tell him that it is overwhelming and you want to relax in the living room and ask him if you gys can compromise on a place for the boxes. Seems he has a prob. with hoarding as others have said. Some kind of emotional attachment to the stuff.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• what the hell is in those damn boxes???

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I'm am curious as to what is inthem to keep but never open for 14 years! I moved and stayed with family the last almost 2 years and when i finally moved my stuff up here (and only got 2/3 of it here so i still have another uhaul to rent to get more here!) I went thru every box before it came into my very small apartmetn. since most of it had been in storage for so long it was time to PURGE. I now have avery organized garage with boxes of to keep things for when i get a bigger house and I have a nice sized pile of boxes full of garage sale stuff for warmer weather! and when i get another uhaul in the spring I will do the same.
    Every weekend i went out and had 3 boxes Keep, Throw, Sell opened a box and sorted for an hour or two. then took my keep box in and IMMEDATELY put all of it away. It really wasnt as bad as i thought it'd be. GOOD LUCK TO U
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2009