Why can't I fall for a guy like this?

There's this guy I work with that's totally into me, he's even asked me out. I'm not attracted to him at all, but he is SO sweet. I asked him if I could see his newspaper the other day and he went and bought me one. I know he would treat me good, why can't I fall for someone like this that I'm actually attracted too? It's SO frustrating!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Try hanging out as friends---be up front that you are just friends---by getting to know him better feelings may develop.
    Anonymous

• Go out with him anyway :)
    Sometimes physical attraction grows when you get to know someone.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 3:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Love somes in many different forms. get to know him and maybe by knowing his inside you will grow to like his outside. The goods guys are the hardest to love because many of us believe deep down that we dont truely deserve men like that.
    Anonymous

• They are cll correct. Also, if you spend some time out side of work, you may be able to know different sides of him better. I hung out with my current fiance a while before the sparks hit me in the face HARD. He went & got his guitar one day, & forced me to sing a song. I was SO EMBARASSED, but i decided to let myself go, & i sung a song for him. He told me i had a beautiful voice & that i should sing more, & right then i realized that the walls were down, & sparks were flying left & right. Sometimes we allow our walls to become so thick, that we cannot even see through it ourselves. Let your wall down, go have fun w/ this guy & see what happens.

If he is butt ugly though, then i can understand why you re not attracted...lol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think this has to do with the kind of guy you THINK you're attracted to. Meaning, the jerks. You KNOW that a person is bad for you, but that makes them all the more attractive to you. You KNOW that this guy is a good guy and that he would be good to you, and maybe that alone has something to do with why you're not attracted to him. Logically you want to be attracted to this guy (or someone like him). Subconciously, you're not because he's a "nice guy".

I would hang out with him anyway. Spend time together and be friends first... see where it leads.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• oh, thats a grower, not a shower;) haha, hell grow on you eventually...
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 5:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2009