Cold/Flu: Prevention and Clean up?

Hi to all,
We have been fighting the H1N1 flu here at my house for almost 2 weeks now. It started with our middle daughter 5,then the baby 2 (Who also has pink eye and ear infection too),oldest DD 8,me now hubby.
DD 5 went back to school yesterday,but the rest of us are still down for the count.I need some ideas on how to clean up after this?Should I start now or wait untill everyone is better? I am so tired I am having a hard time keeping up with the daily stuff that needs done .A full scale clean up is so overwhelming. Please help. What would you do? Where would you start and how and what would you use.
Thank so much.

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 3:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Health

• I would clean up every day. Fresh towels and washcloths and fresh linens on the beds of the sick people. I'd also wipe down faucets, toilet flushers, door knobs, light switches- things that people would ordinarily touch. As far as floor cleaning... maybe I'd let this go unless it was really icky. But things that people actually touch I'd disinfect- I would use those disposable wipes. And I would put disinfectant soap on the sinks for people to use (I ordinarily wouldn't, since they say that's not healthy for general use.) So every day change beds, replace towels, wipe down places people touch- the refrigerator handle. the microwave on button and timer buttons, the remotes.

Answer by Bmat at 3:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I forgot the obvious places- the toilets, and the bathroom I would clean every day.

• Buy elderberry syrup: A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day difference in duration of symptoms.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• just to add on a couple of suggestions, be sure to change eveyones toothbrush once the virus has passed, also change pillow cases on a regular basis...if your little ones sleep with stuffed animals make sure that you disinfect them (if they cant be washed lysol and let dry or put in the dryer for a cycle to kill germs) Perioxide soulotion on counters, faucets, handles and knobs to clean up with out a stron "bleachy" smell does wonders...also dont forget things like phones, keyboards, etc and car handles, steering wheel, etc.
    ItsAllFun

Answer by ItsAllFun at 12:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2009