Worried about teething tabs! Any suggestions!?

My son is almost seven months and he is getting four teeth at this time. I have been trying tylonol and orajel and it's not working to great! I am worried about giving him those because they are not familiar to me. What are they called? How do I use them? What do they do!?

onespoiledwife

Asked by onespoiledwife at 3:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are a couple of brands on the market but they are all pretty much the same thing. The main ingredient is chamomile which helps to calm the baby down, sort of like taking the emotional edge off of the pain.

They don't interfer with the pain medicines so it's safe to use them with baby tylenol or baby motrin.

Baby orajel is junk. It lasts just a few minutes and then the baby is in pain again. Try it out on yourself and see.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I would give my baby Hylands teething tabs BEFORE any orajel or tylenol. Only because the teething tabs are all natural, and the other medicines take a while to break down in the baby's system. Tylenol can do damage to the liver over time. You should not be worried about the teething tabs at all. We've used them with great success since my baby was 4 months old. Tylenol made him break out in a rash, and we only have used Motrin in extreme fever cases. Hope that helps!
    MommyEmmy79

Answer by MommyEmmy79 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I love Hylands Teething Tabs. They are all natural and have no side effects. You dissolve two or three tabs under their tongue and they really help my boy when he's teething. Also, Orajel can make it difficult to nurse because their mouth gets so numb, where the tabs don't effect it... :)
    Jannell

Answer by Jannell at 3:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Hyland's Teething Tablets :) They sell them in the baby section of places like wal-mart and grocery stores/drug stores. They have directions for use right on the bottle :). They don't work for every child, but they worked with my son when nothing else would!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 3:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• We used teething tablets like crazy. My son would fuss for a second while I would put one under his tongue and then be fine.
    I used the natural ones that you buy at Whole Foods. Its very simple. You put 2 or three under their tongue. They are small and as soon as they hit the saliva, they melt. My husband and I tried them first and they just taste like sugar water.
    Good luck!
    aydiesmom

Answer by aydiesmom at 3:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• like all the answers said HYLAND TEETHING TABLETS! They work great. I was nurvouse about them at first so I only gave her one, but it worked so great she actually slept through the night!! So I use 3 now and she loves them. She lets me hold it on her gum where her tooth is coming in so i know it's fully disolved and then I give her something to drink and put her down for a nap or bed time. They work great. I dont even use orajel or tylonal anymore!
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 4:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• actually the teething tabs work great works on the fussiness almost instantley they are hylands brand. I think they are wonderful and they are safe you just put them under the tounge and let melt babies even seem to like the taste!
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 5:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• The best part about the Hylands for me is that my son loves taking them. He thinks it's like a special treat when he takes them out of my hands. I haven't actually noticed that they work better than Motrin or Orajel though.
    Liz_24

Answer by Liz_24 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2008