Curling my 2 year old hair :/

For Halloween ONLY.
She has demanded she be Fancy Nancy for Halloween and I was just wondering how I should go about curling her hair. I'd rather not use a curling iron on her beautiful, virgin hair! lol
Any ideas?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 3:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Use curlers.
    Get the foam kind.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 3:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Rag tie them! I always did this as a kid... cut strips of material, wrap their hair around them and tie it in a knot! It works best if you do it right after a bath and then let her sleep on them, when she wakes up you can take them out. If you want to you can spray a little hair spray for a better hold.

I'll see if I can find actual directions for you....
    MomaDucky

Answer by MomaDucky at 4:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• http://www.ehow.com/how_4661581_do-rag-curls.html - Good step by step directions for rag curls.
    MomaDucky

Answer by MomaDucky at 4:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• ^ I agree. Just do it Shirley Temple style...

If you don't want to go through that, just part her damp hair, and wrap it around your finger and gently let go. I have baby fine hair, and for years my mom wouldn't let hairspray, gel, or heat near my hair when I was little!

I do it for my DD2, it's super cute! :)
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 4:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I used those old fashioned foam rollers on my daughters hair when she was little. She thought it was funny and she got the curly hair she wanted.
    Grams47274

Answer by Grams47274 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• yeah rag tie or foam curlers would work. Do it damp with a little moose early that morning for it to be ready be evening. Also give yourself time to wash it out if you don't like the results!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Definitely do sponge rollers. Early in the day, wet down her clean hair, apply a light coat of gel (I think spray gel is easier) and section it off and roll on sponge rollers. It will take a couple of hours to dry all the way. Drop the rollers when its dry and seperate the curls with your fingers. If you don't like how it looks, put it up in a twist or pony.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2009