Curling my 2yr olds hair :/

For Halloween ONLY.
She has demanded she be Fancy Nancy for Halloween and I was just wondering how I should go about curling her hair. I'd rather not use a curling iron on her beautiful, virgin hair! lol
Any ideas?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 3:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• foam rollers in wet hair----let them dry over night while she sleeps---or all day saturday
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• get some rollers. My mom used to curl my hair with rollers on all the time!

Make sure her hair is slightly damp, & roll them up. Give them a good blow with the blow dryer before taking them out, MAKE SURE THE HAIR IS TOTALLY DRY before taking them out. Otherwise the curls will not set if the hair is at all damp.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I used the foam rollers all the time when I was little. There were pink. I would sleep in them over night. I remember thinking how uncomfortable they were while laying down but I loved having curly hair. My hair is stick straight.
    Anonymous

• use small rubber bands or bobby pins and twists sections of hair into mini buns. Do all her hair, and place a bandana or something over them. Best if left in over night and when hair is slightly damp. Or those no heat curlers you can get that you twist in the hair and leave them over night or you could do both early in the morning and take out like a half hour before going trick or treating. The smaller the curls you want the more sections you would do.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Honestly, we curled my 16 month old's hair for pictures. I used my flat iron on very low heat. I see nothing wrong with it to be honest. Sorry!
    Anonymous

• No problem, Anon :54. I don't really see a "problem" in using a curling iron or falt iron, I'd just prefer not to because my DD has super thin hair and I'd HATE it I ruin it or singe any of it off!
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 4:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• When my DD was 2, my half-sister who was 7 used to play beautician and she would get our mom's curling iron and curl my baby girl's soft thin hair. And mom never said a word. Pissed me off. She scorched my DD's baby fine hair, and had it a mess. She did this to my DD's hair every time we came to visit. Mom let my half-sister whatever she wanted even if it bothered other people, and nobody was ever allowed to say anything negative to my half-sister.
    Anonymous

• "Bobby pin" curls will usually give you tighter curls than curlers, and I always found them easier to sleep on. Like a pp said, curl or twist the hair into small "buns" and then bobby pin them flat to the head.

Answer by missanc at 11:12 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• you're right. if the wrong person attempts to style her hair it may be damaged for a long time. even most stylists haven't a clue. if you do end up curling it use a very low temp and use a thermal protectant.
    siren_sexy

Answer by siren_sexy at 1:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2009