How do you live with yourself?? Really!?!?

Go ahead, bash away...I can take it!!

I really got to know...how is it that a woman (in this case) can refuse to financially support her children and try to live off of child support and her parents. If you CAN physically work, why would you choose not to??? Your kids are in school all day long...all you do is watch Jerry Springer re-runs...its your job to take care of your kids too, just as much as it is their dads job...why dont some women get this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Because society has made it so easy for them to do this
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Uh oh....

BECAUSE THEY ARE LAZY.
    Anonymous

• I'm with you on this one. They think everything should be given to them.
    Anonymous

• Don't forget about the new boyfriends they get to help pay their way and buy them stuff.
    Anonymous

• all the while moaning about being a poor single mother.
    Anonymous

• I am not judging all women on this but from what i seen most these women care more about a man than they do raising their kids and yes they are lazy if they can stay home and get foodstamps and all that other stuff they will.My mom is a single parent with four kids and a grand daughter and she has always worked from as far back as i remember yes things have been hard at times but we've never gone without and I dont ever remember my mom staying at home calling her foodstamp card to see if they put her stamps on her card yet b4 we could eat (which ive seen one woman do)but Also it isnt wrong if you need help from certain sources just dont depend your life on them...
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 4:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I assume you're talking about single moms.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• WOW I think you are talking about my SD's mom, she wont get off her lazy fat butt and get a job yet she can apply for TANF while her drugged out husband is in jail and the state is making my ex husband pay it back! How on earth is that fair? He has full custordy of his child and she has never paid a penny in child support....NOT ONE PENNY!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• is it hurting you?nope. i dont see why people care so much about how others live. true she may be a tadbit lazy but stressing over it is rediculous. i think people who worry about others ways of living arent secure in the way they are living.hmm just a thought there op!
    Anonymous

• Im the OP and "yes"...Im talking about SOME single moms...but not a blanket statement about all of them....

Im technically a single mom...and I support myself and my kids, no child support no alimony, no govt aid..nothing. Im not saying that you shouldn't use those things...but what im asking is "why don't some people TRY to better themselves"....why rely on aid only!!??

And yes...it is hurting me...its bogging down our govt support systems because aid is being given to people who dont need it, those who can help themselves and choose not to. We all pay for it. AND, my fiances ex-wife is one of the types that I referenced in my OP...so yeah, it hurts all of us...some more than others...
    jlm202610

Answer by jlm202610 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2009