Finding an adoptee

Does anyone know how to do a search fro free to find an adoptee?

Michelle98837

Asked by Michelle98837 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Adoption

• Like you want someone to adopt your baby?
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• no im trying to find someone who was adopted who is 20

Michelle98837

Answer by Michelle98837 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Michelle, You are going to get some "not so nice replys', so try to ignore them. Who is this person whom was adopted, in relation to you? What info do you have, (name, birth date, place of birth, hospital?????), this will most definately be of a bigger help. There are some very wise people that will be able to help you with your search, if you can provide a little more info, into this person you seek;) Blessings, C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Adoption Search Resource Group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/35065

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• If you went through an agency, I'd contact them first. That's how I found my biological mother. There are a few other connection sites, but I'm not sure of them at this point.

You have to be prepared for rejection, though. Not every adoptee wants to have contact with their biological parents. I have several friends who have no desire to do so. I only decided to contact mine when I found out my brother's parents were looking for him.

I wish you the best of luck in your search.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 11:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• go to the adoption registry. I first posted there to find my BM. You put your info and the adoptees info and the BF info. You just put what you know about them at the time of adoption. I haven't had any luck yet but I don't even know my mom's name or anything. I have someone searching for her for me now for a fee. I am lucky to know a retired cop in the city I was born in.
    pinkgirl021775

Answer by pinkgirl021775 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2009