Am i being rude and selfish?

I am 33 weeks preg. on my hub days off he always goes 30 min to go pick up his 22 yr old sibling. It always get my nerves worked up .. guess its just the history. I dont mean to be rude but my hub will ask if it is okay for him to stay. Our house is not that big. I have trouble getting comfortable and am always switcing from bed to couch. How can i make him understand righ tnow is just not a good time to have sleep overs. He has a place to stay. Am I been selfish and etc? They hang out.. they talk.. they do all that stuff... but our house is not big enough for 'company'.. no offense to the relatives.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Just ask him if he is ok with his sibling seeing you in the middle of the night walking to sleep on the couch and back again? I would just tell him that you really would like to have the house to yourself since soon there will be a third person in the house all the time (the baby)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I don't think you are being selfish. I am 38 weeks and miserable most nights, so I know how you feel!! I can neve rget comfortable and for awhile I was taking showers and baths and weird hours just to get some relief, cause it was the only thing that helped. Plus, I can only imagine it might be weird having another man in the house, with all the female issues we go through during pregnancy. It would make me uncomfortable, I know. My husbands parents who I have never met are supposed to come visit next month, right after or around when the baby is born, and I am really concerned because it is going to be very strange to be going through all the post pregnancy stuff with funny people around.
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• No I don't think you are being selfish. Especially since you are pregnant. As most of us know, stuff that we didn't mind before suddenly is the worst thing in the world when we are pregnant! My SO wanted his cousin to LIVE with us at one point when I was pregnant and I had to put my foot down and flat out say NO, because I wasn't too fond of his cousin in the first place, he drinks alot. I told him his cousin was a grownup who could take care of himself, we needed to put our child first.
    Anonymous

• You're not being rude. I can think of very few reasons for a relative to be staying at your house and "hanging out" is not one of them. Espeically while you're pregnant or even right after the baby is born. We had a situation kind of like that. SIL was wanting to stay overnight with us for some dumb reason and I said I didn't want her to. Then DH pushed it until I said she can sleep on the couch, he said she wanted to sleep in DS's room and I said no. Then he said to me, "When you get up at night make the baby a bottle you'll wake up my sister." I said, "Too bad. I think when you impose on someone else's household, you put up with being inconvenienced." She decided not to stay after all. Put your foot down and explain that this is a grown up situation and there is no need for sleepovers.
    Anonymous