I told my DIL how i feel

She was so mean and hurtful. I just cried, my son comfortedme but I dont understand. I want to have an open relationship with her and she does this. So I told my son that he should consider moving on. After all he is an important and handsome man. Any woman would be lucky to have him. How do I convicne him I am rihgt?

mamamatilda

Asked by mamamatilda at 4:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• i wish i could find your question from yesterday
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• i found it...anyway---in time he will see the truth, im not saying you're right because it does sound like you have something else going on---but be supportive, he will grow to resent you the more you press the wife issues---you have to understand she is his wife and he loves her.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• You SERIOUSLY need to live your own life and butt out of your son and daughter-in-law's business. You have posted how many questions now regarding your screwed up relationship with your son and daughter-in-law? I've read at least 4 or 5 differnt questions regarding this. You obviously have ZERO respect for her, so I don't understand why you expect her to have any respect for you. If you are not careful you will loose them all and you will have no one to blame but yourself, though I am quite certain you will believe it is all her fault. You need to find something to occupy your time and stay out of their business, and STOP bragging about how your son loves you more - it is not a contest.
    Anonymous

• I believe in the sanctity of marriage and don't feel anyone, even a mother, has the right to try and destroy a marriage. I think you as an experienced, older woman should help your DIL become a better wife and encourage their marriage.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Putting yourself between your son and his wife is a bad idea, mama. He knows things about her you don't that may be affecting his decision to stay with her. If he has children with her, he may be choosing to stay so those kids have both parents at home. In any event, even if he agrees with you that he could do better, and his wife is mean to you, but doesn't leave her, you need to accept his decision to stay. Do your best to limit your time around her. Be polite. Don't bash her around your grandkids. I'm sorry she is a bitch, but life is full of bitches. You can't change them, you just need to learn to limit their power over you!

Anonymous

• Does he love her? Do they have kids? If he does and they have a good relationship, you may be the problem and you may need to let your son be the grownup. Either way, if you put your son in the position to choose between you two, you are doing his harm. Regardless, I'd step away from the situation and let him choose. Ultimately, if she's the awful bitch you say she is, he'll figure it out. Hang in there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• You are a horrible person so do this to your son and DIL. You need to grow up and leave them alone. You are crazy, crazy and little bit more crazy!!
    Anonymous

• I had a MIL like you too. So, i'm guessing we are not hearing the "whole story", but your scewed perception of it. I've read your posts the last few days, and some other stuff you've written. I have a feeling you sit around all day and dream up ways to casue trouble for your DIL. And then you come on hear looking for "yes, your right", so you can go back to your son and tell him others agree with you.

My MIL helped end my marriage, although i'd like to thank her now, lol, what she did was sooo wrong. From everything you say in your posts, your just like her.

Doesn't it get a little old playing the "victim" all thime?
    Anonymous

• on your web page, you sure have a lot of "christian" banter, yet your not behaiving like a good christian are you? I also went and seen how many posts you have done about your DIL...you need to get a life. Your son has a life now, respect it.
    Anonymous

• "How do I convience my son?
    My son's wife is not right for him. She is evil and has no morals to him. now I am willing totake him and the grandbabies in. But she has this hold on him it isnt natural. Iworry mysefl sick ove this. She doesnt beleive in jesis. what do I do?"

This is your other post mamamatilda. You sound a little obsessed? You also sound very hateful.
    Anonymous